The Early Entry Program at Mosman Prep provides an exciting first step on a boy’s educational journey. This comprehensive pre-Kindergarten experience develops thinking skills, confidence and enthusiam for learning through a range of structured activities, guided exploration and free play. There is particular emphasis on language development, social skills, and the arts, building a strong foundation for Kindergarten. Parent education and family-based activities are an additional feature of the program.
Early Entry is a pre-Kindergarten class for mature pre-school boys. The curriculum in the Early Entry class is based on a developmentally appropriate application of the Board of Studies Early Stage One Foundation Statements and Early Stage One Outcomes. For example, there is a strong emphasis on the Talking and Listening strands for English. Early Entry boys are not expected to achieve mastery of reading outcomes, but they are introduced to a full range of pre-reading skills and understandings. All the Key Learning Areas are addressed through a combination of explicit teaching, guided exploration, and free exploration.
The Daily program includes:
- Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening
- Developing Mathematical Understanding
- Science Exploration
- Art and Artists
- Music Theory, Practice and Appreciation
- Movement and Dance
- Physical Education, Indoor and Outdoor Play
- Social Skills
Special activities and events also include:
- Weeky poetry performances
- Weekly activites with Year 4 Buddies
- Family Activity nights
- Parent Information Meetings
- Seasonal and Special Activities.
- Boys develop a keen sense of curiosity and an interest in learning
- Boys will develop the tools, skills and knowledge which will serve as a foundation for a life of learning
- Positive social skills
- Multi-cultural understanding and a broader sense of the world around them
- Boys will become responsible members of the classroom, school and the community.
- The Early Entry Class meets five days/week, from 8.35am - 2.40pm. All boys are enrolled on a full time basis
- Enrolment is limited to boys who have turned four by the 31 December in the year preceeding enrolment
- The Early Entry class is taught by an Early Childhood specialist teacher and a teacher assistant
- The Uniform for Early Entry is the Mosman Prep PE Uniform (shorts and polo and tracksuit for winter)
- Early Entry boys are automatically offered a Kindergarten place at Mosman Prep
- The class is held in a self-contained cottage on the Mosman Prep Campus.
Click on the image below to download the handbook.